Consider these questions when choosing the right style for you, your team and your entire organization:
- How do I like to help people?
- What leadership style will best suit my direct reports? (Consider experience, demographic factors, team size, member interdependence, nature of work and individual personalities)
- What did I like best about my favorite manager / least about my worst manager?
- How important are social relationships to team and organizational success?
- What leadership style aligns best with the organization’s mission, long-term goals and overall culture?